Which are the top 10 best search engines in the world today? Today, in addition to Google and Bing, there are several other search engines that may not be as popular but still serve millions of search queries every day.
Google is not the only search engine available on the Internet in the world today! Currently, there are several search engines besides Google that serve millions of search queries every day.
In fact, there are many alternative search engines that want to take the place of Google, but none of them are (yet) even ready to face the threat.
|Google is the best search engine for 2022.|
Nevertheless, there are alternative search engines in today's world to consider, and the best Google options are presented below.
The Top 10 Most Popular Search Engines In The World
List of the 10 best search engines in 2022, ranked by popularity.
- Microsoft Bing
- Internet Archive
Incredibly, Google is the most popular search engine with a stunning 91.42% market share, compared to 3.14% in second place, Bing.
According to statistics from statista and statcounter, Google is dominating the market on any device (desktop, mobile, or tablet) and in all countries.
- They provide accurate search results in their easy-to-use interface.
- They regularly update their features and results.
- Their search algorithm has been much improved.
- It collects user's browsing history and information.
- It provides many more results to check.
2. Microsoft Bing
Microsoft's Bing is the second-most famous search engine in the world. And while it lags behind Google's wide margin in terms of market share, it boasts some unique features that can excite users. For users, search engine filters are in various tabs like ads, images, maps, videos, and news. This allows users to deposit points, which they can later redeem in Microsoft and Windows stores. It gives the highest performance of all browsers.
- Hidden and hidden content crawl equally.
- Search engines only rank home pages, not blogs.
- Excellent video boasts indexing.
- It reveals slower results compared to Google.
- Forums are often ranked lower in search results.
Although it was once popular and almost equal to Google in its early days, Yahoo now ranks third in terms of market share. However, its web portal is still popular and is said to be the eleventh most visited site by Alexa ranking. Yahoo! has an impressive interface, clear results, and an impressive catalog of websites.
- Offering comprehensive organic results
- There are more features and options for shopping than any other search engine.
- They have Yahoo Finance, Yahoo Mail, Yahoo Answers, and several mobile apps.
- Obscure ad labels make it difficult to distinguish between organic and non-organic results.
- Dated search results.
Founded in 2000, Baidu is a top-tier search engine that dominates China. The number of users of the platform has been steadily increasing over the years. Although it is mainly used in China, it boasts an intuitive interface, lots of search options, and high-quality search results.
- It provides high-quality features and accurate search results.
- It is backed by one of the world's largest artificial intelligence and Internet service providers.
- There are numerous marketing options.
- It is extremely censored by the government.
- Search engine honesty has been surprising from time to time.
Yandex was founded in 1997 and is one of the most widely used search engines in Russia. Yandex's parent company presents itself as a technology company that specializes in creating intelligent products and services powered by machine learning. It is one of the most widely used search engines in Russia, with over 65% market share. You can search for anything, including pictures, maps, and even videos, using Yandex.
- World-class search results relevant to the local context.
- It has a variety of image search options.
- It can be customized for different countries.
- Geocoder, translation, location and static map services.
- It collects user information like other search engines.
Another great search engine is Duckduckgo. DuckDuckGo values your privacy because, unlike other search engines, it doesn't track or store your personal browsing information. You can use the search engine to look for anything, including images, maps, and videos.It boasts excellent features such as providing zero-click information when all the answers are on the front page. Clarity hints clarify what you are looking for for more accurate results.
- Does not track or store user information.
- Provides quick results for instant search.
- Features a smooth and simple interface.
- DuckDuckGo does not include protection against viruses, malware, ransomware, or other online threats.
Ask.com was started in 1995, formerly known as Ask Jeeves. Their main idea was to provide search results based on a basic web quiz format. This is a Q&A site where you can find answers to your questions, and there are countless archives for it.
The results are older than Google, Bing, and Yahoo because of the reliance on archived active user contributions. When a resource was not answered, they tried to respond by using a third-party search engine.
- There are different types of searches, like web, pictures, news, quizzes, local, questions, maps, TV.
- Search engine keeps searching at your fingertips for Internet Explorer and Firefox users.
- Buy coupons and get outstanding deals.
- Related questions and related search features.
- The ranking result is not shown.
- This is a directory, so not all the information is accurate.
- It does not display the music search.
Ecosia was founded in 2009 in Berlin, Germany by Christian Kroll. Ecosia's USP is to help the environment while providing technology services. It is one of the few search engines that donates a portion of its profits to help the environment by planting trees. It also claims that the engine is encrypted with SSL so that no one can track your browsing history or footprints on the web.
- All your searches are encrypted on Ecosia.
- Ecosia is also available as an application.
- It is a gamified search engine.
- It shows limited images in search results.
- Sometimes you may not find results related to your query in Ecosia.
AOL purchased the WebCrawler search engine in 1995 but sold it to Exit the following year. This agreement makes Excite AOL's only search and directory service. After the contract ended in March 1997, AOL launched its own search engine called Exit, also known as Netfind. In 1999, it was renamed AOL Search.
- AOL lets you control spam and unwanted email right from your inbox.
- Thanks to AOL, tabs in your browser allow you to open multiple sites without cluttering your screen.
- Your favorite websites and AOL Search are developed by Google and are automatically protected from phishing sites when you surf the web using the latest AOL software.
- Perhaps the current weakness of this browser is that the speed is not fast enough when opening and the display is still not perfect.
10. Internet Archive
The Internet Archive is an American virtual library with the undertaking to "accept and get entry to all knowledge." It provides universal, free access to a collection of digitalized content, including websites, movies, videos, software applications, games, music, and a lot of books. In addition to the archive function, the archive is an active organization for the free and open internet. As of February 2022, the Internet Archive contained 34,205,294 books and texts, 7,606,196 movies, videos, and TV shows, 815,791 computer programs, 14,133,383 audio files, 4,124,371 million images, and 1,720 web pages and web pages.
- The Internet Archive has millions of books.
- Free access to a collection of digitalized content.
- The Internet Archive automatically indexes websites served.
- It collects user information like other search engines.
SummaryThis list of the top 10 search engines in the world may change next year.But one thing is for sure: Google will have a long and extensive reign.
Tags: best Search Engines, best search engines in the world, Top 10 Search Engines, Internet search engines, 5 best search engines